Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I believe my cat had a stroke 2 days ago. All she does is

Customer Question

I believe my cat had a stroke 2 days ago. All she does is lay and move her legs. I believe she might be brain dead because her leg movements our telling me she wants to walk. We our keeping her comfortable but she does not drink or eat so I believe she is going to die. Do you think there is any chance for her to survive..
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 8 months ago.
Hi! I'm Dr. Barbara and I'd like to help you and Sissie today. I'm sorry to hear that she is ill with a possible stroke. The only chance that she has for survival is to receive supportive care from your vet. Without eating and drinking, regardless what her condition is, she will eventually die. Your vet, after evaluating her, may think that she could survive with good nursing care. Your vet could teach you how to do this at home possibly to decrease the veterinary cost to you. I would recommend that you get Sissie looked at ASAP.Hope this has been helpful for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know. Otherwise, if you could rate this conversation I'd greatly appreciate that as it is the only way I can receive credit.Thank you!Dr. Barbara