Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian in Practice 19 Years
2263760

We have a cat that has recently started intently watching a

Customer Question

We have a cat that has recently started intently watching a new large screen TV. 1. - Can this hurt her? 2. - Why has she recently begun to do this as a TV has always been in the same spot?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby.

NO, it can not hurt her unless she became obsessed and stopped eating or using the litter box.

I suspect she saw something on the tv that peaked her interest. She may now be watching for it to return. Or she may have just decided she likes to watch the images on the screen.

Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

If you do an internet search " dvd or videos for cats to watch" a number of choices come up. You could see if she likes to watch a fish tank or birds.

Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

I leave my tv on animal planet channel on for my pets when I leave the house. That may be more to make me feel better about leaving them but when I am home they watch the screen occasionally.

Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Does that help? Do you have any additional questions for me?