Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

I have a house cat that was farel, I just bought a 5th wheel

Customer Question

I have a house cat that was farel, I just bought a 5th wheel and want to travel. My question is will she get sick or have any real problem traveling. We will keep her in the 5th wheel.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. You've asked a very good one. This is a situation where there is no way to know the exact answer. Time will tell how she does with travel. Some cats travel well and some don't. That is good that you're getting her used to the carrier! That will definitely help reduce anxiety when she sees it and is in it for travel times. The other thing you can do to help reduce stress and make travel easier is to get a spray bottle of the product Feliway. It is a feline specific calming pheromone. It can be sprayed on a towel and placed in the cage at the time of travel. The best thing you can do to help her to not be sick on a trip is to not feed her the day of travel. Most cats don't vomit on trips. Most of the time they will initially vocalize their displeasure if there is any and then settle down.