Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.

She had a 72 hour pain shot and an antibiotic shot yesterday

Customer Question

Customer: She had a 72 hour pain shot and an antibiotic shot yesterday and is just wondering around the house acting very restless and keeps rubbing against everything. She seems uncomfotable
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Mila 1 year old. Something bit her or grabbed her tail and she had one small puncture mark. She had a fever when we got to vet yesterday
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mila?
Customer: no super healthy cat this behvavoir is def related to either her injury or the med or maybe trauma from the situation she got into
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what the heck? I just got charged $22? I wasnt even trying to get this service and you said $5 fully refundable.....
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i figured sure for $5 that's pretty misleading
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response, but you requested a phone call and I suspect that has stopped many veterinarians online tonight from trying to help. The states/province I am licensed in do not allow me to communicate via phone calls, unless I have previously physically examined a pet. I could lose my license for doing so and I think many veterinarians that work on the site have the same constrictions.

I can give you an opinion this way however.

I understand your concern about your girl's restless behavior.

Is she spayed?

With the increasing daylight hours if she is not spayed it is very likely that she is going into heat.

Typical behavior includes rolling, crouching with the rear in the air, increased vocalization, and increased scent marking.

She's announcing to the boys she's available.

Cats will continuously cycle through heats unless bred or manually stimulated about every 2 weeks until late fall.

If you don't want kittens it's time to spay her once her wounds have healed.

I suspect that her wounds may have been from a male trying to grab her to mate before she was ready. From your description now she has progressed to the point in her heat cycle where she is ready to mate, thus she is rubbing against things to leave her scent and is restlessly looking for a fellow.

You can't change things for her now, and she will get through this given time.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.