Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

This is the second day he has been sleeping, can't get m to

Customer Question

Customer: This is the second day he has been sleeping, can't get him to drink any water or eat anything. Only had 1 small bowelo movement. Nose is hot and he seems to be weesing a bit with his purring. No vomiting and stools are not soft. he is 6 years old and been healthy till now.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: He does go outside but not too far all winter. Just around the doorway and into the garage. Been too much snow to go anywhere.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any pre existing medical conditions?

2- Did he get into anything?

3- Any other symptoms?

4- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?

5- Can you take his rectal temperature?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.