Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My silver chinchilla Persian has only urinsted once today

Customer Question

My silver chinchilla Persian has only urinsted once today and it was not very much. She is eating and she is drinking water how much I'm not 100% sure but when I noticed st 2 pm that she had not urinsted or gone poop in her liter box I got concerned as she normally goes at least 3 to 4 times a day. What could this mean? She seems to be playing when prompted she does lay around a lot and wil play at night but all day today she seems tired but not fussy
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. Are you available for chat?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

chatting online?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Ok, I need to ask you some questions.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Is your kitty eating her normal amount?

Is her activity level normal or decreased?

Is there any vomiting or loose stool?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Her eating is so so she plays when prompted and does not have loose stools nor is she vomiting
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But does seem tired not as playful maybe
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Ok, with decreased appetite and less urine production this means she is getting dehydrated. These are non specific findings and they let us know that she has a problem but it does not tell us what the problem is.... I hope that makes sense....

You need to get her to your vet asap. She needs to have a full physical, CBC, chem panel and Felv/fiv test....with a urinalysis.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

What I have explained above is what is required to find out what is wrong with your kitty.....

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok since it is late in the evening is tomorrow morning to late?
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

How long has she been acting "off"?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Did it start today or before today?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

are you there?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

I am waiting for your answer.....when did your kitty first act sick?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Ok, since you are not answering I am going to opt out and allow another expert to help you. Sincerely, DRB

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just today really she is playing now with the red laser light chasing it around but I have noticed that over the last several days she is shedding more than she normally does. She isn't fussy or whinnig j
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Ok, I am back....are you there?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Are you still there?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Ok, I am going to go ahead and answer your question and I hope you get it. So ideally your pet should be seen tonight but if you cannot get her in until am just get her there a soon as you can. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

I check my computer every night so if you need additional help let me know. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry but since I am not hearing from you again, I will be forced to opt out of this question. This will allow another expert to help you.... Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Hi, it appears no other expert is helping you so I am going to leave this question open so that you can come back if you need to and get further help. I will check back with you tomorrow night to see if you need additional assisatnce. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

So, if you need me just leave your questions here and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

I would recommend getting your kitty to the vet as soon as possible. Thank you, DRB

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry I was speaking with the vet that sees her here in my home town. The 24 hr service said that since she is and will play and has urinated at least once today then she felt like we could bring her early in the morning. However , it still did not answer my question regarding how often should a cat be urinating in a day. As I mentioned she did go once today but that is it she drinks a lil and has eaten very little seems somewhat puny but still playful when prompted . My daughter was here for the Holiday and Sachie is very close to my daughter maybe she's upset that she is gone. She dies get upset from time to time when my daughter leaves but I have never noticed her not eating or urinating only once in a 24 hr period. It just seems that a cat especially should go more than the one time in 24 hrs?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will rate my experience and you as the Dr. I appreciate your time in trying to assist in my situation .
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Good morning, A kitty should urinate at the very least twice in a day. Anytime a cat's behavior is even a little off it needs to be taken seriously as something that needs veterinary follow up because cats tend to hide disease very well. I wish you luck with her and I hope she feels better soon. Sincerely, ***** ***** let me know if you need additional help.