Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Cat has been diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy. what homeopathic

Customer Question

cat has been diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy. what homeopathic treatments would you recommend?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with cats { including alternative therapies } and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
via email. Thank you.

Hi Kathleen,

Just working on your answer now, you should have it in a few minutes.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Kathleen,

Sorry to hear about Jason's problems however I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. The situation is that I personally have never had much success with treating cardiomyopathy in cats by alternative means alone, if this was my cat { and it was a couple of years back } I would use a combination of conventional therapy and alternative therapy. The two will work together in this sort of situation but it may well shorten your cat's life if you do not include conventional therapies in your treatment plan. Also conventional therapies will make your cat comfortable very much more quickly. That said there is certainly a place for alternative therapies including homoeopathy in tackling this disease.

2. Personally I would try Homeopathic doses of Arnica Montana as this will help support healthy blood pressure and heart function. { Arnica 30c }

3. You may want to try a Taurine supplement, deficiency may cause cardiomyopathy in cats since they do not make their own Taurine.

4. With this disease though it is vital that you use conventional therapy as well if your cat is showing clinical signs, alternative remedies may well help but this disease will need conventional treatment as well. Here is a link to an accurate article which covers this disease in more depth including treatment : LINK

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.