Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital

He is about 11 and vomited about 4 times today clear frothy

Customer Question

Customer: He is about 11 and vomited about 4 times today clear frothy liquid and not wanting to eat.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: Indoor cat and nothing new has changed at the home. Not doing his normal thing. I gave him some hair ball medicine on his paws and didnt even lick it off
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Seymour
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Seymour?
Customer: Nope he has been perfectly fine and no medical issues. Always an indoor cat. no change in food or cat litter
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 7 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I am sorry to hear that your pet Seymour is experiencing lack of appetite, vomiting, and what sound like lethargy. These are all very alarming for any cat because cats are true masters at hiding disease and illness so when they are sick we really have to take notice and action right away. I will do my best to narrow down some possibilities here but ultimately it sounds like Seymour will need some bloodwork to identify the exact problem.

Any previous illnesses for Seymour?

What is his typical diet?

When was the last time he had a meal?

- Dr. H

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yesturday small teaspoon wet food and some dry food

Ok what is the brand of food that you normally feed him?

Does he seem painful in his stomach when you palpate (press) there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wellness chicken.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No pain, just not wanting to be around anyone. Sitting in the hallway in the dark.

Poor cat. Ok he is displaying classic signs of potential kidney or pancreas disease. Kidney disease cats are typically very nauseous, lack of appetite and energy. They are at risk for extreme dehydration and severe sickness from he toxins that build up in the body due tot he kidneys not functioning properly. I would HIGHLY recommend taking your cat in to see the vet asap for blodowork to check for kidney problems so this is treated promptly and aggressively.

Do you have a vet that is open today to take your cat in to see?

Or early tomorrow morning?

Is there anything else I can assist you with concerning your pet today?

If you are satisfied with my answer I would ask that you please leave me a rating before you go so that I am credited with assisting you and your pet Seymour today with sound advice on how to care for him. Thanks for your feedback and I hope that you are able to get the necessary tests in order to best take care of Seymour.

If you cannot take him in to the vet tonight I would recommend giving him some Pedialyte (non-flavored) and some Ensure using a syringe or small turkey baster for nutritional support until he can be seen by a vet. Best of luck moving forward with his care!

- Dr. H