Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Her and she will purr though, we gave her a little milk on

Customer Question

Customer: her and she will purr though, we gave her a little milk on her mouth and she licked itbshe has dilated pupils, cant walk no strengthen in her legs unable to hold up her head it is rolling around, and she is crying,you can rub her head and she will purr,we gave her a little milk on her mouth and she licked it...she is only four months old but looks like she is a month old she is very petite...i need advice what to do i am on disability and cant go to ther pet er please help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Fiesty
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fiesty?
Customer: she gets excited and trys to walk but her body doesnt function right it seems like she may have had a seizure
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i really need to know something tonight please, please i am very worried about her do you think she may have been poisoned
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please help i dont want her to die
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
he3llo are u gonna answer or what
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Such an undeveloped kitten showing signs of encephalopathy (brain disorder) has a grave prognosis for return to reasonable function. She may have birth defects in her brain or suffering from an infectious encephalopathy such as toxoplasmosis or the FIP virus. I regret that such a patient can't be treated at home and even with critical care while hospitalized is likely to be lost. If you were to give her anything by mouth it should be a sucrose-containing syrup such as Karo at a dose of 1/5 of a measuring teaspoon per 1 pound of weight every 2 hours in case she was hypoglycemic.

Please let me know if you still need help.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?