Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

He can't use s back legs, was fine this morning, No, he does

Customer Question

Customer: he can't use his back legs, was fine this morning
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No, he does not pull back from pain and is scared trying to run around the house
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Michael and he is about 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Michael?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cat. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

When you say he can't use his hind legs, are they just dragging behind him, like he is paralyzed? He can't move his hind legs at all?

If his hind legs are just dragging behind him, he either has a spinal cord injury, a stroke, or a blood clot in the blood vessels to his back legs. Any of these is probably an emergency and may need medical treatment as soon as possible. Can you get him to a veterinarian? There really is no home therapy; if this happened to my own cat I would be driving to the clinic as fast as I could and not be trying to treat him at home.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

How is Michael doing?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?