Jess K
Jess K, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

My cat has not eaten inaccurate o couple days and has got

Customer Question

My cat has not eaten inaccurate o couple days and has got discolored pee she also has a brown substance coming from her mouth
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your cat. Can you tell me how her urine is appearing? Is she still drinking? Is she lethargic? Any vomiting?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No vomiting yes lethargic pee kind of radish brown yes still drinking
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

And she has brown discharge from her mouth? Will she allow you to examine her mouth? Are her gums pink in color or are they pale? Can you see if any of the teeth look infected? Red at the gum line or discharge present there?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am trying to get her out from behind the washer but last night it seemed she had bitten her tongue
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

So it looked like blood coming from the mouth?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No gums r almost yellow but she is calm
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Ok. I am very concerned then, that she has a systemic illness that could be affecting her liver or red blood cells. Discolored urine can be a result of blood in the urine as well as a byproduct of red blood cells or muscle cells that have been destroyed themselves in the body. Your kitty is definitely in need of a veterinary exam and bloodwork to check liver values and red blood cells to check for serious systemic disease.

Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If you do not, please take a moment to CLICK AND RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your questions (the only way in which I get compensated for my time). Thank you and good luck!