Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He at something outside and threw up about 5 times. 1st time

Customer Question

He at something outside and threw up about 5 times. 1st time was mainly the contents of his stomach consisting of undigested food. After that is filled with mucous. He will only drink and is very lethargic. He wont leave his kennel and is laying around. He loves his food but would not take a bite. He is walking really slow almost in a hobbling manner. He rallied a bit after he first threw up and ran around the yard and barked but several hours later now he is barely moving. We are unsure what he ate. Possibly cat poop as the neighbors cats often jump the fence and leave packages before we get a chance to scoop up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: This is actually my dog who may or may not have eaten cat poop.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your pup.

• Can you tell me how long since he last vomited?
  • How long has the lethargy been going on for?
  • Can you look at his gums and tell me if they are pink in color?
  • Does he seem disoriented at all?