Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.

My kitty cat has ben deing few days now I've gotten to her,

Customer Question

My kitty cat has ben hideing for a few days now I've gotten to her , her mouth, tongue is yellow. What could this be?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

If her mouth and tongue (and likely her sclera/white of her eye), this is a red flag of jaundice. Most commonly it is a sign of liver issues (ie disease, dysfunction, fatty liver diseases secondary to anorexia, infection or bile duct blockage). As well, though less commonly seen, we can see this them become jaundiced due to immune mediated anemia (where the red blood cells are attacked by the immune system).

In this case, since this represents some very serious issues for you, we'd want to have her seen urgently by the local vet. They can examine her and test a blood sample to tell us which issue is present and start treatment +/- IV fluids to give her the best chance of recovery.

Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ or via

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.