Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  7 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
21779527

Is there a way I can post a picture on this forum. I think a

Customer Question

Is there a way I can post a picture on this forum. I think a vet today made a terrible mistake during a spay of a stray cat. I am afraid he removed one of her kidneys
I took a picture of the "mass "
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 8 months ago.

You should be able to post a picture if you hit the button that looks like a paper clip. I will look at it, but can you tell me more..... when was the spay? How is the cat doing?

Sorry... I just saw that you said today.

Did the veterinarian do anything with the mass... such as send it out for a biopsy?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Trying to figure out how to attach the photo

Can you see the paper clip? It is on the top of the text box at the right.... no hurry. I'll be here for a while.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hope this works
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If it's one of her kidneys how bad is this?
She went straight to her new mom, I am so worried now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He did not. The spay was already 500 and I couldn't afford extra testing on the mass. He cut it in half and it looked like an organ to me. I remarked on that.

Its loading.... slowly so I will look at it. I hope it isn't a kidney, but if it is..... they only need one kidney to live.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We're you able to see it?

I can't be completely sure without feeling it and seeing it on cross section, but that looks like an ovarian mass. I understand with the size, shape and consistency that it looks like a kidney, but the uterine horn on the right side of the picture isn't complete and doesn't have a normal ovary. I think the 'mass' is an ovarian tumor. An ovarian tumor would look like an organ when cut. I think the kitty will be fine. You could ask the veterinarian more about the surgery.... ask where the mass was and if it was attache to anything. The kidney is very tightly held against the spine and would have been difficult to remove. An ovarian tumor would have been loose and unattached.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you so very much. I trusted this vet and my heart was broken thinking that he lied to me. I can honestly sleep better tonight
Xo

Best wishes!