Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

I have two cats that have been housemates years. One is 9

Customer Question

I have two cats that have been housemates for 9 years. One is 9 and the other is 15. I just took one to the vet the a week ago and now I have non recognition feline aggression. We have separate then, tried feliway,introduced them trhough a door. We are losing it. Do you have any other suggestions?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry you are having trouble. This is a very common problem. It occurs because the cat that went to the vet came home with smells from the animal hospital on her fur. This is very scary to the cat that stayed home because she thinks you brought in a srange cat.

Rub a damp cloth all over that cat that stayed home. Then rub it all over the cat that went out. Repeat this several times. Soon they will recognize each others scent and be friends again.

Please let me know how things are going.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,