Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Just put freedom 45 on my 16mo cat she is seizing, fell over

Customer Question

Customer: just put freedom 45 on my 16mo cat she is seizing
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: fell over shaking lost pee and boel foaming eyes movement
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: 16 mo kitykitty
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: gave her a rinse with raw oatmeal and aloe drops to seeth very bad flea infested
JA: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and i would be happy to help you. This is a very serious toxicity concern for cats. The product contain permethrins which are very toxic to cats. The toxicity can be deadly. I would highly recommend that you get her to your vet ASAP. She needs to be put on fluids and medication to control the seizures. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.

This website has some good information on permethrin toxicity in cats.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John