Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.

My cat has a detached retina and she stopped seeing properly

Customer Question

my cat has a detached retina and she stopped seeing properly just today and we need a top ophthalmologist preferably as near to hull in east Yorkshire where we live. thanks
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I believe your best bet is to find such a specialist here: There are few board certified veterinary ophthalmologists in the UK and so you might have to drive farther than you'd like. I don't live in the UK, however, and so I'm going to get in touch with my UK colleague and ask her to enter this conversation as well. She may know of a specialist - perhaps not board certified but board qualified - near to you. She's not likely to respond for a few hours considering the time where you are as I post this.

Message sent to "nekovet" 2:15AM your time.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Good morning,

If you are based in Hull, unfortunately there are no local veterinary ophthalmologists very near to you. That said, if you are open to a wee trek, Simon Hitchen is based at Calder Vets in West Yorkshire/Mirfield (More Info) and I would have no hesitation referring my patients or taking my own pets to see him. Otherwise, Yorkshire Vets (More Info) also have a board certified ophthalmologist on staff and could be another option.

Please take care & all the best for your lass,

Dr. B.