Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I have a 10 year old nowegian forest cat. past few months

Customer Question

I have a 10 year old nowegian forest cat. for the past few months she is meowing very loudly intermittently during the day. Her meows were always quiet before. Took her to
a local vet who said her lens was getting hard due to age. Other than that, he gave me liquid allergy meds and liquid antibiotic. She has always had allergies intermittently.
I feed her Royal Canon sensitive and Blue fish and duck treats. Help! I am a disabled
vet and the screaming at times is nerve racking. I have had to go back east to check on my dad but my roommate who is a chiropractor and pet rescue person takes excellent care of her when I am gone for only a week.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your kitty! Is her appetite and energy level normal? Is she eating and drinking normally?

What about using the litterbox? Does she seem to be able to get around as easily as she used to? No signs of pain ?