Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Cat is listless, drinking but not eating. seems to have some

Customer Question

cat is listless, drinking but not eating. seems to have some discomfort in rear abdominal area
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 7 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I am sorry to hear that your young cat is not doing so well. A listless cat who is not eating is very concerning. Cats are masters at hiding pain and illness so when they are seen we know that they are in trouble and need assistance quickly.

The rear abdominal area is the bladder. However bladder issues will cause a distinctive foul odor urine, frequent urination and sometimes blood can be seen in the urine as well. Do you see any of these symptoms?

Also can you think of anything your cat could have gotten into? (medication, plants, string, etc)