Dr-Bonk, Veterinarian
Experience:  Five years as an associate veterinarian working with pets and treating feral felines.

My cat is constipated, trying to go to bathroom but can't.

Customer Question

My cat is constipated, trying to go to bathroom but can't. What can I do for him
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Bonk. I'm very sorry to hear about Leo's troubles. There are a couple things you can try at home. First is to give him a 1:1 mixture of vaseline and butter. Give 2-3 tsp every 4-6 hours. Can be repeated 3 times. You can also feed him 1 TBSP canned pumpkin to help increase his fiber for a few days after he starts having bowel movements again. You should try to increase his water consumption as well by wetting down his food or by mixing a little low sodium chicken broth in with his regular water. Finally, if there's no bowel movement after 48-72 hours, get him into a vet for a possible enema and fluid administration. I hope this helps. Please contact me with any further questions you may have. Thank you and good luck!

Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I was checking in on Leo and wondering if there was anything else I could help you with. Also, could you please rate me so that I can improve my customer service. Thank you!