Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Daughter found mother cat with 6 kittens 3 passed away

Customer Question

Daughter found mother cat with 6 kittens 3 passed away recently after mom quit feeding them the tree healthy ones have just started getting diarrhea with bloody stool and has that distinct coccidia smell we carry corid for the farm animals wandering what dose for direct feed since they won't touch there water that I put it in.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

While it is advisable to have these wee ones checked and/or a stool sample tested to confirm Coccidia and rule out other issues (ie feline distemper, giardia, cryptosporidium, etc), you can choose to use Corid (Amprolium) for these kittens. When doing so the dose is 60 to 100mg daily for one week. And I would note that if they won't take this in food, you may need to syringe feed the dose mixed with some meat baby food or canned kitten food.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.