Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has chronic cystitis. The vet ruled out stones &

Customer Question

My cat has chronic cystitis. The vet ruled out stones & infection 3x. She changed his food to the Urinnary Care food & gave us capsules of powder to sprinkle on his food. It helps with the amount of bloody urine, but he still dribbles blood.
I have cystitis. I am on Elmiron. It works great. She said Elmiron is not for cats. I found a small study that said it improved 60% of the cats in the study.
The vet says there is nothing else they can do.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your kitty! Do you know what the capsules you are using are? Cosequin perhaps? Just want to see if I can clarify what he is taking right now!

Expert:  Jess K replied 9 months ago.

please disregard any post you may have seen from me about traveling with pets, I apologize as the computer system moved me to your question while I was responding to someone elses!