Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Blue is coughing/occasionally throwing up thin watery

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Pearl! Blue is coughing/occasionally throwing up thin watery mucus/bile. He often begins these fits with what could be called a "kitty scream" extends his head level with his body and coughs/gasps/heaves. It started on Sunday, I took him to the vet today. The vet seems to think it could be gastric reflux and gave him an anti-inflammatory shot. Can I give him anything to soothe his tummy? He ate his supper, it has stayed down. He is quiet but not lethargic. The vet suggested an X-ray next if he doesn't get better. Any advice/suggestions are welcome- thank you, Pearl! Christine
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about A?
Customer: No, I think that covers it. Thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Do you know which anti-inflammatory shot was given (so we can advise on something that won't interact with it)?