Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My name is ***** *****...and I have a 6 month old guinea pig

Customer Question

HEllo.... my name is ***** *****...and I have a 6 month old guinea pig that is lathargic and making a noise every once in awhile likes she's in pain???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is usually very active, a strong eater and drinker.. but she wants to do nothing and I have checked eyes, nose etc.. all those are clear.. she is NOT making any breathing noises and her rate of breathing seems a tad slow.. but the one thing she does is make one "distress" squeal and raises up suggesting pulses of pain???
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Has she been eating/drinking? Passing normal urine and feces?

Does she seem distended or tender when you press on her belly?

Can she move normally (if prompted if she is lethargic)?