Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a 21 year old cat, who yells all night. Can I use

Customer Question

Customer: hi there i have a 21 year old cat, who yells all night long. Can I use melatonin
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: if so what type and how much my family is going crazy
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: he is 21 and well doing great. but when we are not near he cry and crys very loud yelling
JA: The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: piglet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Piglet?
Customer: he is super super old and well other than the yelling just ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. How is Piglet during the day, is the problem just as bad? Does he sleep during the day?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott