Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cats kept shaking their heads and scratching behind their

Customer Question

My cats kept shaking their heads and scratching behind their ears. I thought it might be ear mites so took them to vet. Vet said they had ear infection she THOUGHT and gave me drops to put in ears. I did this as directed but this has not helped. They are both still shaking their heads and scratching behind ears. Have checked for fleas and no fleas. What to do?????????
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cats' ears. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Did your vet take samples from the ears to examine microscopically for mites, yeast, infection, etc.? That is the first thing I would do if these were my own cats.

What is the name of the ear drops that you tried?