Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a 5 yr old female malayan. past 6 weeks I noticed she

Customer Question

I have a 5 yr old female himalayan. For the past 6 weeks I noticed she has black bumps kind of along her spine and they have spread. She seems to lick them often and itch them. I am on a limited income disability with social security. Could you please help me.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, she had a few mats that I tried with her brush to get out. I finally started using my fingers and pulled them apart and hair came out with them. I am so worried.
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 10 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I am sorry no was online and available when you first posted your question. However, I do have concerns about your pet being matted. Cats that are matted are either not feeling well and can't groom themselves properly or overweight and just can't reach those areas.

Also for the black bumps on her spine, do you have a picture you could post of this for me? It is really hard to know what this could be without getting a good visual. You can take a photo on your phone, email it to yourself and then download it to your computer. Then in the tool bar just above the chatbox you can click on the one to Add files and it will post here for me to see. Thanks!

- Dr. H