Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Our 2 siamese-mix cats are 13 years now and have been

Customer Question

Our 2 siamese-mix cats are 13 years now and have been throwing up undigested food about once a week. Not particularly hairballs (they are groomed regularly) - sometimes it's very liquid. They are both bird stalkers and sometimes throw up the bones and feathers!
Oh and baby rabbits! The short haired one is getting rather thin although she is still quite active.
The other one has Persian and seems more sturdy.
They have access to dry Purina cat food and at night get half a can each of Friskies pate Purina.
Should I change their moist food and what should I get?
Thank you
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 9 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. It is strange both of them are vomiting more at the same time? Are you sure it's both and not just one?

Which version of Purina are are you feeding them? Do you use anything for hairball prevention? Has either cat had blood work recently?