Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My female 3 year old cat was not moving from one spot couple

Customer Question

My female 3 year old cat was not moving from one spot for a couple of days. I had to take tuna water to her so she would eat something. I thought she was going to die. After a few days she started to move about where I could see her and I saw she was had a severe skin problem on her back. Her back was flaking severely and she was losing hair. She has had a few other times when she lost some patches of hair. I applied the Advantage 2 flea medication a week or so prior to the problem. I have not noticed if the previous hair loss coincided with the advantage applications. I don't believe she has fleas. Also she seemed very sick, not drinking or eating as far as I could tell, until I started with the tuna water.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Tripper. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I just came online and saw your question. How is she doing now?

Can you take her temperature with a thermometer?

If you check her gums, are they pink or pale?

The hair loss may or may not be related to her not eating. If I could, I would check her for dehydration, take her temp, listen to her with a stethoscope, palpate her lymph nodes and internal organs, and try to figure out why she is not eating. I am glad you got the tuna water into her. Since she is taking that, I would try to get her to take some food.

This could be an infection, pain from the skin problem, internal illness causing the skin problem. If she is not eating soon, she should be checked out by your veterinarian.

Let me know what other questions you have. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I hope you were able to see what I wrote! How is Tripper today?

Can I help with or answer anything else?