Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Our cat has stopped using the litter box. We have tried

Customer Question

Our cat has stopped using the litter box. We have tried additional cat boxes, clumping and non clumping litter and scoop boxes daily. She has had a physical and has no physical issues. Carpet was replaced and the inappropriate behavior continued. New carpet has just been cleaned and treated as replacing carpet did not yield any positive results. At this time she is confined to a room without floor coverings, and this is not a the best situation for our loving cat but living with the smell of a barnyard is not acceptable. Suggestions for modifying her behavior would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 1 year ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short.

I understand that Maya is no longer using the litterbox. This can understandably be very frustrating as an owner.

I do have suggestions on how to curb this unwanted behavior. There are some natural remedies that can be tried as well as more effective medical treatments for this.

First off can I ask if Maya is just urinating outside the litterbox, or is she doing both urinating and defecating?

- Dr. H

I see you may be having issues using the site. I will direct you to customer service if you are having problems and hopefully you can get connected to continue the conversation. There is also a phone consultation option for small $5 fee if you are interested, for your convenience. Just let me know.- Dr. H

Just answer customer service:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us