Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I recently read that tuna is not good. Have you heard

Customer Question

I recently read that tuna is not good for cats. Have you heard anything on this?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. Eating tuna is not bad for them, but it shouldn't be a big portion of their diet. Tuna is deficient in taurine. Cats who have a taurine deficiency tend to develop heart problems. It can be given in small amounts but should not be a major part of their diet. Use it more as a weekly treat. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John