Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat is a male DLH almost 3 years old. He is fixed

Customer Question

Hello- My cat is a male DLH almost 3 years old. He is fixed /de-sexed. He is mostly an indoors cat but goes out at night for an hour. He has what looks to be an actual
worm in his eye. I had purchased some food grade diamataceous earth .I read that it only works if not wet but what about the dust factor? And dose? He weighs about 10pds. I can send a picture of his eye if you'de like and of course will take him to his vet. Thank You so much
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Do you mean inside the eye ball? Or in the tissues outside the eye?

Can you please post your photo so I can see what you are seeing. To post photos online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Thanks so much for your msg which I am just now seeing.

I will get on other computer to upload pix of his eye. You

can actually see it though , I mean just with the human eye.

Sometimes it looks like it is a rather shiny silver color, it seems

to look different it's not just sitting there I guess. It doesn't seem

like it can just be wiped off for sure but sometimes it is more visible

than other times. Anyway I will get those pix up and thanks again.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again,

That would be grand if you can post those, since there are a few different worms and worm like things we can see appear in our cat's eyes.

I will keep an eye out for your photos,

Dr. B.