Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My 9 year old very active cat who goes indoors and out has

Customer Question

My 9 year old very active cat who goes indoors and out has stayed in for 2 days now obviously not himself . .. normally very active now just laying around sleeping mostly. Always sleeps on our bed . .. stayed in the closet last night. He has vomited 3 times today and . . 2 times looked like undigested food and the last time a small amount of mucus that looks a bit pink .. as if tainted by blood. What should I do? It is Saturday night and our Veterinary clinic doesn't open until Monday. Should I take him to an emergency pet clinic?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. I'm sorry your cat is in this position. I really think it's time to go to the emergency vet. Normally a little lethargy and vomiting is not an emergency but the pink tinge can indicate some serious problems. I think the emergency vet is a good idea because at a minimum they will stop the vomiting and make him feel better. At best they may find a serious ulcer or other problem that could potentially save his life. A little pink tinge in the vomit should not be ignored. I'd take him in tonight. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. Dr. Dan

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Dan