Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My daughter has a kitten that was dropped on its back a few

Customer Question

My daughter has a kitten that was dropped on its back a few hours ago. Every time it gets frisky it seems to be having seizures. My daughter is a peace corp volunteer in West Africa so she has no resources. I'm searching info for her and texting it back to her.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. Most likely what has happened here is that there has been some brain swelling. This really does need to be treated by a vet especially since there are other things that may be wrong with the kitten. Am I to understand that the seizures only started after being dropped?

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

Assuming there have never been any seizures prior to being dropped then this probably is due to some brain swelling. But if there were any seizures prior to being dropped then she is dealing with something else altogether.The only way to treat this is it is a result of being dropped is with steroids. I feel sure she does not have steroids sitting around her house so she may have to try and at least talk with a vet who can help her get some steroids. We cannot do that type of thing from this site because we cannot prescribe without an exam.

Please let me know if you have additional concerns or questions as I always check my computer every night. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.
Hi Susan Odonoghue,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B