Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat is doing a Jekyll/Hyde thing today and yesterday; I

Customer Question

My cat is doing a Jekyll/Hyde thing today and yesterday; I think it's related to water that sprayed out of our washer, which broke down. As far as I know, he didn't get sprayed--it was all behind the washer, and he wasn't back there. But at random times today and yesterday he's started hissing and growling at me as if I were a big dog or something (he likes little dogs but hates big ones). For example, this morning he sat in my lap and purred while I read the paper. When I went down to the laundry to check the dryer (his food and water dishes are down there too) he ate a bit of food then turned around and hissed and growled at me. Then he followed me upstairs and accepted a treat from my hand.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this Jekyll and Hyde situation with Chester. Has he ever done this in the past? How has he acted after say going to the vet's office for vaccines? Is he urinating normally? Is he in the litter box more and straining?