Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Sneezing, watery eyes, lethargic
, Piccolo, he is

Customer Question

Customer: Sneezing, watery eyes, lethargic
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Piccolo, he is almost a year old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Piccolo?
Customer: He is strictly indoors, my older cat got sick with same thing a couple of weeks ago. I took him to the vet and they gave him a shot of antibiotics and he cleared up, but now younger cat has it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is Pucci strictly indoors?

2- Any nasal discharge?

3- Is he eating and drinking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
clear nasal discharge, he is eating and drinking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is strictly indoors.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, it sounds like Piccolo has a respiratory infection very similar to your other cat. Likely he picked it up from the other cat. He will need to be seen by family veterinarian for antibiotics. In the meantime you can open the hot water in your bathroom and allow him to breath the vapor/steam for 3-5 minutes to clear his nasal passages; this will also help with the sneezing.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!