Jess K
Jess K, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

One of my stray cats that I feed and shelter looks like he

Customer Question

One of my stray cats that I feed and shelter looks like he has a cut (from a fight?) right near his eye. My question is can I try to get antibiotic cream on him and if it should go into his eye, would it be harmful?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your kitty! When I have a cut near an eye in a pet, I do usually try to use an antibiotic ointment specifically made for the eye in case some does go into the eye. If you have a vet you see regularly, you could call and see if they would be willing to give you a tube for this situation. If that isn't possible, you could use a q-tip to apply a very thin layer of neosporin in the hopes that if it is a very tiny amount, it won't get rubbed into the eye.

Expert:  Jess K replied 9 months ago.

If you have any other questions, please let me know! If you do not, please take a moment to CLICK AND RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question. Thank you and best of luck!