Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

We got my little kitten from the RSPCA 6 months ago.. She is

Customer Question

Customer: HI, we got my little kitten from the RSPCA 6 months ago.. She is 12 months old now. When we got her she had a cold, and runny eyes and discharge from her nose. She is in no discomfort . At the moment she is on the herpes medication, but has been on antibiotics - this clears up and then returns again. She has just sneezed and it is the same colour reddish in colour as what is coming out of her eyes. The vet is concerned as she seems to be licking her nose. Tumour in the nose was something he was concerned about. But just reading about the respiratory probs. IT seems very similar. I am very concerned for her .. thoughts?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: There is no lumps ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: NO that is okay - will be taking her back to the vet at the end of the week. thanks anyway
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 11 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I understand you have a kitty with some severe upper respiratory problems most likely caused by Herpesvirus. I can definitely relate as I too had an outbreak of the herpesvirus with my new kitty that was brought into my home. I do however have a few more questions about your cats care to help me get a good picture so that I can provide the best advice possible for you.

How long have you been treating kitty for this problem?

Has kitty up to date on her vaccinations, in particular FVRCP?

What are the names of the medications the vet has prescribed so far?

- Dr. H