Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My kitty has these raised bumps in the center of s back that

Customer Question

Customer: My kitty has these raised bumps in the center of his back that are pink and rather hard to the touch.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: He's full grown. His name is Beattie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Beattie?
Customer: He's morbidly obese, has a history of gastrointestinal issues as well as UTI's. He also has been diagnosed with fatty tumors near his spine and is pre-diabetic.
JA: I'm sorry Beattie has that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How old is he?

How long has he had these?

Do they look like pimples with white heads or flesh colored ones?

Are they itchy for him? Does he rub, groom, or itch them?

When did you last treat for fleas? What did you use?

Any diet change in the past 4-6 weeks?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.