Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat is taking fast shallow noisy breaths. she doesn't

Customer Question

Customer: my cat is taking fast shallow noisy breaths. she doesn't want to be touches and prefers to be on the cold floor. any suggestiond?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is about 10. She has only 3 feet and walks on her stump or hops which must be tiring but her vet checks have been good.
JA: Did Cassidy have a fall?
Customer: doubtful - she doesn't geton furniture or cat trees.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cassidy?
Customer: She seems to be hiding and lays on one side. Can't think of anything else. Could this be her heart?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she been showing these signs?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Any coughing, sneezing, congestion?

Any history of heart issues?