Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

, Thank you. My cat is 8 years old and has a great

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: Thank you. My cat is 8 years old and has a great attitude and energy. Over the past 8 months he's dropped two pounds (was 11 pounds). His blood work and exams every 6 months are normal and his thyroid is normal. Any suggestions as to whether or not anything else needs to be checked?
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Gus
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gus?
Customer: He has a minor heart problem and has seen a cardiologist for the past three years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

Can you upload a copy of Gus's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but Gus's vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/ I not only review the test results but also note which tests should have been performed but weren't.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think I will just take Gus to the vet and do not require any more assistance from JustAnswer. Thank you for your help!