Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I'm just worried because she keeps scratching herself raw

Customer Question

Customer: I'm just worried because she keeps scratching herself raw
JA: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Have you seen any sign of fleas on the cat?
Customer: but only on her head and neck
JA: Well that sounds like one of those mysteries the Veterinarian is good at solving. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: no, they get regular shampoos, every other month
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 9 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway, but you can call me Dr. H for short. I understand that you have an itchy cat. I have a few questions for you to get started so that I can provide some good advice for you and your cat moving forward.

I knoe the JA representative asked you this question already, but I did not see a yes or no response from you, does your cat have any evidence of flea?

(typically a flea comb can pick these up very well because fleas are good at hiding. Little black specs on the haircoat are a sign of flea dirt, if in doubt place a few specs on a paper towel and place 1 drop of water on the spec, then smear the spec on the paper towel through the drop, if there is a red streak where you spred the spec then this is typically positive for flea dirt)

Hi this is Dr. H again I just wanted to check back in to see if you were able to resolve your issue with your pet from the other day. I did respond to your question but I haven't had a response back yet so I wanted to make sure everything was ok with your pet. If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to return to the already opened chat and I will be happy to discuss those with you. Thanks!- Dr. H