Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cats urine test came back with red blood cells 75-100 but

Customer Question

My cats urine test came back with red blood cells 75-100 but no bacteria, mucus, casts, or crystals. My vet has prescribed Clavamox. The nurse referred to it as cystitis and said the doctor thought it could be the start of an infection. I have read that inflammation cystitis normally clears up on its own. Should stress an eleven year old cat by forcing him to take meds he may not need since ther is no bacteria? Is this a high level of blood?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 1 year ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway and I a licensed veterinarian I may assist you with your pet Sinatra today as I deal with a lot of urinary issues in cats.

To make sure that we are connected properly for this conversation, please reply with a simple statement in the text box below and hit the green "Send button" below so that I know you are ready to proceed with the discussion. Thanks! - Dr. H

Ok I see that you are having trouble viewing my response. I will wait around for a bit for your reply. - DR. H

I think you are having issues viewing the message. - DR. H