Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My name is ***** *****. The issue is my daughter's guinea

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. The issue is my daughter's guinea pig. Was 8 months old when we bought it in november. Blood is leaking from anus. Feces appear normal, animal acting normal, but may not be drinking as much as usual. This is the second time this has happened in a month.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my daughter is going to freak if it dies!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How much blood does he pass? A drop, more, less?

Any straining when he passes stool?

Any change in appetite?

Does he appear to be losing weight?

Does he have any discomfort if you press on his abdomen?