Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

QUESTION}Our Ragdoll cat, age 1 year, has developed several

Customer Question

QUESTION}Our Ragdoll cat, age 1 year, has developed several bald spots on his rear leg. Tonight, I noticed a similar bald spot forming over an eye with a small pimple (no pus). My first inclination is to think it is caused by the cat rough-housing with our two small dogs. The vet does not think it looks like ringworm. He gave me an antiseptic to dab on the spots and he is testing for ringworm, just to rule it out. I'm very worried about him. Could it be his diet? Stress? I'm feeding him Life Balance cat food...dry and wet.
Submitted: 10 months ago via KittenCare.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your kitty! Can you tell me if he is an indoor/outdoor kitty? Is he licking at the areas on his leg? Does the skin look abnormal there at all? bumps/redness/scaliness?

Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Also, do you think you might be able to take a photo of the areas?