Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
92209471

My 15 yr old female cat is sick. She was in and out of her

Customer Question

My 15 yr old female cat is sick. She was in and out of her litter box for last few hours. There is a bloody water dripping out of her, can't really tell if it is from her anus or urethra. Can she wait for a vet visit until morning? It's 1:30am now.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 1 year ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway, but you can call me Dr. H for short.

It sounds like Kicia could have either a possible UTI or a condition called FLUTD (feline lower urinary tract disease). These both are typically not emergency situations and she can wait until the morning for treatment.

Also to differentiate where the blood may be coming from you can use a paper tower or tissue to dab her vaginal area after she makes a trip to the litterbox to ensure it is coming from there and not her anal area - Dr. H

Hello Dzidka, this is Dr. Holloway again. I have not received a reply from you concerning your sick kitty and I wanted to check on you again to see if you needed any further assistance.

I see you have not yet viewed my response, and I hope you are not experiencing any technical difficulties with using the site. If you wish to continue the conversation, please type in the chat box below and hit the green "Send button on the bottom right corner. I will keep an eye out for your response.

Thanks! - Dr. H

Hi Dzidka,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
JACUSTOMER-es3uf4l7-