Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

Four year old spayed cat began calling and crying, while

Customer Question

Four year old spayed cat began calling and crying, while drooling about four days ago. She's eating; however, seems to be drinking more than average. Is this a problem?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Any vomiting? Is the cat overweight?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No vomiting. She weighs about 6 pounds.
We've had problems with her in the form of eating plastic. She would vomit that up. To the best of our knowledge she hasn't done this for over a month.

Okay. Any time a cat is acting differently and is drinking more, I am concerned about the possibility of illness, specifically kidney issues or blood sugar issues. I would call your vet tomorrow and get her in and check some basic blood work to see if there is any evidence of organ dysfunction that could cause these symptoms. In the meantime, if you have Prilosec 20mg tablets you can give her 1/2 tablet. Don't change anything else before you see your vet.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

The phone call is apparently not an option right now... would you like to continue talking in this format while they work out the bugs?

I'm just following up on our conversation about Queenie. How is everything going?
Dr. Ann M.