Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Deb Merrill, My 10 yr old cat scratched a raw spot on her

Customer Question

Customer: Deb Merrill, My 10 yr old cat scratched a raw spot on her face and is now vommiting. She allowed me to put antibiotic ointment on it but is vommiting now and hardly drinks or eats. Ive seen her use her litter box but she stays in one place for a long time then moves to another. She moves slowly. This has been going on for 2 days.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I haven't seen her vommit today but she seems listles
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Is your cat an indoor only cat or is she allowed outdoors as well?

Is there any evidence that she may have got into something she shouldn't have?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.