Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

I think my cat has a cold, he keeps sneezing, watery eyes.

Customer Question

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I have some questions before I can help you properly. Is your cat still eating and drinking? How long has this been going on? Is your cat normally energetic or more lethargic than normal?

Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
eating less, still drinking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information. I agree that he/she likely has a cold. Since he is still eating we can try to treat this at home at least through the rest of the weekend. For the eyes use an over the counter human drop like artificial tears drops or genteal gel drops twice daily. For the sneezing place him/her in a bathroom with the door closed and a hot shower running so he/she breathes in the steam to help calm his/her irritated sinuses. If his/her appetite decreases further or the symptoms have not shown signs of improvement by Monday then we know he/she needs antibiotics and a vet visit is needed. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he shakes every once in a while?
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

That could indicate a fever.

Not an emergency but more evidence he'll probably need to see the vet on Monday for medications. If it's a virus it should start resolving by the end of the weekend.

Dr. Dan

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Dan