Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a pet chinchilla and I noticed her private area is

Customer Question

Hi I have a pet chinchilla and I noticed her private area is red and swollen I keep her cage clean daily and her bedding is changed weekly. I haven't changed her diet I'm concerned and need advice in what I can do to help her. Do females get monthlys?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long have they been inflamed?

Do you see her grooming the area often?

Any changes to her urinary habits? Has her cage been wetter quicker or more odorous?

Have you seen any blood?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.